1. Advocate - He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever-- John 14:16.
The Lamb Of God In Scripture
Christ is our advocate! He defends us and pleads for our cause. He is our Lawyer, our High Priest, our Advocate who proceeds from the Father. Christ is in heaven today, pleading our case, making intersession for us....
Can you imagine someone who loves you so profoundly that they are willing to suffer and die in your place? Christ, on the cross, was punished in your place. He took upon Himself your sin death sentence, so you may have life and have it more abundantly.
Plead your cause to Jesus committing to him all your guilt and sins, and He will without delay secure your pardon. You will be forgiven and the inward peace that follows provides the assurance of His love, that through His blood we are accepted, that His advocacy has prevailed over evil, and we are saved. When you abide in Him and let Him abide in you, you will be safe and secure in the arms of The Almighty.
2. The Lamb Of God - The next day John saw Jesus coming to him and said, Look! There is the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29
For the Lamb Who is in the midst of the throne will be their Shepherd, and He will guide them to the springs of the waters of life; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Revelation 7:17
Jesus, The Lamb of God is Pure and innocent, gentle and meek, giving and self-sacrificing -- a stranger, a misfit and a pilgrim in this world of self-gratification. Read More...
3. The Resurrection & The Life - "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26
Throughout the gospel of John reveals Jesus as the life giver, the life that embraces an intimate, loving relationship with God. "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent".(17:3). Jesus is the resurrection. He is The Son of God - Powerful and Authoritative - The bringer of hope - The bringer of life, - The Promiser, - The Overcomer, - The Resurrector of your hopes and dreams.
4. The Shepherd - The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. I am the Good Shepherd; and I know and recognize My own, and My own know and recognize Me--
I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd risks and lays down His [own] life for the sheep.
The Good Shepherd reveals the ways in which our Lord cares for us. Jesus is God who came to His people, as promised, to be their shepherd. He is the fulfillment of the long hopes and dreams of God's creations. Jesus laid down His life for His sheep in order for the sheep to be saved. Read More...
5. The Judge - Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? Genesis 18:25. The Lord reigns.... He shall judge the peoples righteously? Psalm 96:10.
Christ was appointed the task to Judge or umpire all mankind. God says vengeance in mine, thus let Him be judge and sentencer of those who have wronged you. After all, He can do a much better job than you or I. Read Judge of all.
6. Lord Of Lords - God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords. I am the Lord your God.
Jesus Christ is the Lord, and He sits upon His holy thronel! He is clothed with majesty and robed with strength and power. He is the creator of heaven and earth...He is the Fashioner and Maker of all things. He is almighty and does great things for us -- He is the Almighty, Ruler of all. Acts 17:24-25. More...
7. Man Of Sorrows - He was despised and rejected and forsaken by men, a Man of sorrows and pains, and acquainted with grief and sickness; and like One from Whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or have any esteem for Him.
8. Head Of The Church - And He has put all things under His feet and has appointed Him the universal and supreme Head of the church [a headship exercised throughout the church]. Ephesians 1:22.
He also is the Head of [His] body, the church; seeing He is the Beginning, the Firstborn from among the dead, so that He alone in everything and in every respect might occupy the chief place [stand first and be preeminent].
For in Christ all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
and through Christ all things are reconciled to God,
whether on earth or in heaven,
making peace by the blood of Christ's cross. Colossians 1:18-20.
9. Master - You call Me the Teacher (Master) and the Lord, and you are right in doing so, for that is what I am John 13:13.
And you must not be called masters (leaders), for you have one Master (Leader), the Christ. He is Lord, master, leader, and authority. Matthew 23:10
If I then, your Lord and Teacher (Master), have washed your feet, you ought [it is your duty, you are under obligation, you owe it] to wash one another's feet. John 13:14
10. Faithful And True Witness - Then they said to Jeremiah, The LORD be a true and faithful witness between us, if we do not even according to all things for the which the LORD thy God shall send thee to us. Jeremiah 42:5.
11. Rock - And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 1 Corinthians 10:4.
12. High Priest - So it is evident that it was essential that He be made like His brethren in every respect, in order that He might become a merciful (sympathetic) and faithful High Priest in the things related to God, to make atonement and propitiation for the people's sins. Hebrews 2:17.
[See how] faithful He was to Him Who appointed Him [Apostle and High Priest], as Moses was also faithful in the whole house [of God]. Hebrews 3:2.
For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning. Hebrews 4:15.
NOW THE main point of what we have to say is this: We have such a High Priest, One Who is seated at the right hand of the majestic [God] in heaven. Hebrews 8:1
13. The Door - So Jesus said again, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that I Myself am the Door for the sheep. John 10:7.
I am the Door; anyone who enters in through Me will be saved (will live). He will come in and he will go out [freely], and will find pasture. John 10:9.
14. Living Water - For My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken Me, the Fountain of living waters, and they have hewn for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns which cannot hold water. Jeremiah 2:13.
Now on the final and most important day of the Feast, Jesus stood, and He cried in a loud voice, If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink! He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water. John 7:37-39.
15. Bread Of Life - For the Bread of God is He Who comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world. John 6:33.
Jesus replied, I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me will never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more (at any time). John 6:35.
I am the Bread of Life [that gives life--the Living Bread].
I [Myself] am this Living Bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this Bread, he will live forever; and also the Bread that I shall give for the life of the world is My flesh (body). John 6:51.
16. Rose Of Sharon - I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. Song of Solomon 2:1.
17. Alpha & Omega - I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8.
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. Revelation 21:6
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Revelation 22:13
18. True Vine - I AM the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser. John 15:1.
19. Messiah - THE BOOK of the ancestry (genealogy) of Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the son (descendant) of David, the son (descendant) of Abraham. Matthew 1:1.
For to you is born this day in the town of David a Savior, Who is Christ (the Messiah) the Lord! Luke 2:11.
The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news (the Gospel) to the poor; He has sent Me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed, and broken down by calamity]. Luke 4:18.
20. Teacher - Do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ. Matthew 23:9-10.
"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. John 13:13.
Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. John 13:14.
21. The Holy One - For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:3.
This is what the LORD says? your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. Isaiah 48:17.
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 1 John 2:20.
Read The Holy One Devotional
22. Mediator - For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5.
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance?now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Hebrews 9:15.
23. Branch - This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the LORD. Zechariah 6:12.
24. Carpenter - Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles! Isn't this the carpenter? Mark 6:3.
The carpenter measures with a line and makes an outline with a marker; he roughs it out with chisels and marks it with compasses. He shapes it in the form of man, of man in all his glory, that it may dwell in a shrine. Isaiah 44:13.
25. Light Of The World - The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world. John 1:9.
I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. John 8:12.
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. John 12:46.
26. The Living God - Lord is the true God and the God of truth (the God Who is Truth). He is the living God and the everlasting King. Jeremiah 10:10.
With a view to this we toil and strive, [yes and] suffer reproach, because we have [fixed our] hope on the living God, Who is the Savior (Preserver, Maintainer, Deliverer) of all men, especially of those who believe (trust in, rely on, and adhere to Him). 1 Timothy 4:10.
I make a decree that in all my royal dominion men must tremble and fear before the God of Daniel, for He is the living God, enduring and steadfast forever, and His kingdom shall not be destroyed and His dominion shall be even to the end [of the world]. Daniel 6:26.
27. The Image of The Invisible God - Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature. Colossians 1:15.
28. The Word - IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ( Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. John 1:1.
28. Chief Cornerstone - The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. Psalm 118:22.
You are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ Jesus Himself the chief Cornerstone. Ephesians 2:20.
For thus it stands in Scripture: Behold, I am laying in Zion a chosen ( honored), precious chief Cornerstone, and he who believes in Him [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him] shall never be disappointed or put to shame.
1 Peter 2:6.
29. Savior -
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11.
From this man's (David) descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised. Acts 13:23.
It has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 2 Timothy 1:10.
29. Servant - Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. Matthew 12:18.
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. Acts 3:13.
30. Author & Finisher Of Our Faith - In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering. Hebrews 2:10.
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2.
31. The Almighty - I am God Almighty ; walk before me and be blameless. Genesis 17:1.
I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them. Exodus 6:3.
32. Everlasting Father - For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
[ David's Prayer ] "Praise be to you, O LORD, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.
33. Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah - Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals. Revelation 5:5.
34. The Great I Am - I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life. John 8:12.
I am the Door; I am the Good Shepherd: I am the Bread of Life: I am the Light of the world: I am the Way and the Truth and the Life: I AM the True Vine: I am the God of your forefathers: I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End: I am the First and the Last: I am the Root (the Source) and the Offspring of David: I Am the radiant and brilliant Morning Star: I am the Christ (the Messiah): I am the Son of God: I am the Lord: I am the Lord in the midst of the earth: I am the Lord Who heals you.
34. King Of Kings - They will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them; for He is Lord of lords and King of kings--and those with Him and on His side are chosen and called [elected] and loyal and faithful followers. Revelation 17:14.
And on His garment (robe) and on His thigh He has a name (title) inscribed, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Revelation 19:16.
35. Prince Of Peace - For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6.
36. Bridegroom - For as a young man marries a virgin [O Jerusalem], so shall your sons marry you; and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you. Isaiah 62:5.
And Jesus replied to them, Can the wedding guests mourn while the bridegroom is still with them? The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast. Matthew 9:15.
Read My Bridegroom Devotion
37. Only Begotton Son - And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth. John 1:14.
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's only begotten Son. John 3:18.
38. Wonderful Counselor - For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
39. Immanuel - Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14.
The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" ?which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:23.
40. Son Of Man - Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. Matthew 12:32.
At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30.
The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Matthew 20:28.
41. The Amen - To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of "The Amen", the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. Revelation 3:14.
42. King Of The Jews - Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him. Matthew 2:2.
The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, "Do not write 'The King of the Jews,' but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews." John 19:21.
43. The Prophet - And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him. Luke 1:76.
The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee. Matthew 21:11.
44. Redeemer - Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and He Who formed you from the womb: I am the Lord, Who made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the earth by Myself [who was with Me]?-- Isaiah 44:24.
Their Redeemer is strong; the Lord of hosts is His name. He will surely and thoroughly plead their case and defend their cause, that He may give rest to [the land of Israel and to the Babylonian-enslaved nations of] the earth, but unrest to the inhabitants of Babylon. Jeremiah 50:34.
45. Bright Morning Star - I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star. Revelation 22:16.
46. The Way, The Truth & The Light - Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me. John 14:6.
By C.H. Spurgeon